- The information below applies to personal information (information about an identifiable individual) we, the New Zealand King Salmon Co. Limited (NZ King Salmon), collect about you when you visit and browse our website.
- When you visit our website, we collect some non-personal information, such as the IP address from which you accessed this website, the date and time you are visiting, the pages you accessed, the type of browser and operating system you use, and terms you use to search for content on our site. This information cannot be used to personally identify you. We use it for the purposes of system administration, auditing use of the site and improving it for different customer profiles, and for our internal reporting.
- We may also collect the following information about you:
- your name(s);
- contact details including addresses, phone numbers and email addresses;
- social media identifiers;
- location information;
- your opinions.
- If you apply for or participate in our sponsorship program, we may gather additional information such as:
- If you are applying for us to sponsor an event, in depth information about the event, such as: its date and location, its purpose and plan;
- Information about the person or entity you are asking us to sponsor, such as: identifying information, sponsorship history and financial information.
- We may use a third party provider to assist with our recruitment process. In this case, the provider will provide us with some or all of the information they collect from you. If you participate in our recruitment program either hosted on or linked to through this website, we may gather additional information for recruitment purposes including:
- Your curriculum vitae;
- Your education and employment history;
- A self-assessment of personal attributes;
- Information about your right to work in New Zealand;
- Your history of criminal convictions (subject to the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004);
- ID details for verification;
- Medical and other health and safety information necessary to determine your suitability the position applied for;
- Any other information you volunteer to provide us.
Any information we gather for recruitment purposes may be retained by us to assess your suitability for future roles unless you ask us not to retain the information.
- Generally, we collect and use personal information about you to provide a range of products and services. The purposes for which we collect the information include:
- So we may contact you regarding the products and services we provide;
- To assist in identifying ways in which we can provide better services and products;
- For marketing and research purposes;
- Recruitment purposes;
- Managing our sponsorship program.
- Our use of your personal information may include:
- To process and administer your dealings with us as a customer (such as billing);
- To provide you with products and services you request;
- To contact you in relation to our products and services;
- To enhance your experience when using our website;
- To recruit for positions within our business;
- To disclose to for use by third party contractors and service providers to help us operate our business or provide a service to you. This may include (but is not limited to) computer system services, fraud prevention, mail services, data collection, data analytics;
- When you provide us with personal information, we are obliged to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993 and its successors (the “Act”). We will collect, hold, use and disclose that information in accordance with the principles set out in the Act. This means we will:
- use personal information only for the purpose we collect it for;
- retain that information only for so long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it; and
- disclose or release it to a third party only where we are required to or we are permitted by law to do so, if you have authorised the release or disclosure, or where it is for the purpose (or a directly related purpose) for which the information was collected.
If you think we have breached the Act or you would like to find out more about our obligations, information is available on the Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.org.nz.
- We may disclose your information to third parties as detailed above. Those parties will deal with your information in accordance with their own privacy policies. Some of our contractors and service providers may be performing services overseas (for example, email hosting). We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information disclosed by us to a third party is handled in a manner consistent with information privacy principles.
- If you choose to provide us with personal information such as your email address, for example by filling out an electronic query, we will use the information only for the purposes that you authorise it to be used for. We will send you email marketing to that email address if you agree to us doing so. If you wish to unsubscribe from any email marketing communications you have previously agreed we can send you, you can:
- follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email; or
- phone or write to us using the contact details in that email message.
- We will take reasonable measures to ensure personal information retained is stored securely and is protected from misuse, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. If we discover that a data breach has occurred, then we will comply with any notification requirements under New Zealand Law and the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (GDPR).
- Any personal information about you will only be kept as long as reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it is kept.
- Subject to conditions in the Act, you have the right to access any personal information held by us about you. You also have the right to request us to correct any personal information held about you. If you wish to enquire about personal information we hold about you (if any) you can contact us as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org We will endeavour to respond to any request within 15 working days of receipt.
- The information we provide on the website is provided to you in good faith. However, it is an introduction to the aquaculture products we provide only. If you purchase aquaculture products from us then at the time you place an order with us, you will be making an offer to purchase those aquaculture products. We can accept or decline that offer in our discretion. Separate terms relating to the sale and purchase of those aquaculture products will apply.
- While we will do our best to make sure that the website is available, we cannot guarantee that it will always be uninterrupted or that your access will be error-free, or that any files available for download will be error-free or free from viruses, faults or defects.
- Links or references to other websites are provided for your convenience only. Other websites are not under our control. We have not reviewed them and we do not endorse or assume responsibility for the contents of any other website. We disclaim all liability for any loss arising from interaction with other websites linked or referenced from this website.
- If you wish to link to this website, you should request our permission. To do so, contact us at email@example.com You must not do anything which alters our website or interferes with how it works.
- Unless otherwise shown, we own all the copyright and other intellectual property rights on the material on this website. The material on this site is subject to copyright except where it is otherwise noted. You must not use any of the material on our website including copyright, designs or trademarks in any other way without our express written permission.
If you post any material to our site which we believe (in our sole discretion) is inappropriate for our site, we may remove it.
- Nothing in these terms affects any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- New Zealand law governs the use of this website.
- Changes or updates to the content of this website may occur at any time. These terms may be changed or updated from time to time. Changes may take the form of completely new terms. We will post any changes on this website; any change applies from the date it is posted.